Rules and conditions
The first edition or the International Photographic Art Salon of Bucharest welcomes both amateur and professional photographers from all over the world who are invited to participate with color or black and white digital photos.
The salon is awarded FIAP no 2020/268 and AAFR 005 /2020 recognition.
The International Photographic Art Salon of Bucharest is organized by the Art Photographers Association from Romania (AAFR) and the Bucharest Municipality Museum (MMB).
THEMES / SECTIONS
a) – open color
b) – open monochrome
c) – Highlight of my city ( color or monochrome). The photos for this section should have been taken in the author’s town of residence. The replacement, distortion or shifting of elements are forbidden. Only reinstatement, correction of exposure or removal of dust traces are allowed.
- For each section there are:
- FIAP Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals + 6 Honourable FIAP Mention Ribbons
- AAFR Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals + 6 Honourable AAFR Mention Ribbons
- 1 FIAP special light blue badge awarded to the best author.
- This competition is run under FIAP and AFFR rules.
- The one who has achieved the highest number of total acceptances of all the sections of the salon added together will be proclaimed “Best author”. In the event of a tie, the organiser will decide irrevocably. The name of the best author will be mentioned in the catalogue.
- Photos and the entry form to be submitted via the internet only using the www.siaf.ro/en/formular-de-inscriere-bucuresti site. Entries will NOT be accepted on CD/DVD.
- Each participant is allowed with a maximum number of 4 photographs for each section;
- The entrant must be the owner of all rights of the submitted works. All parts of the picture must have been photographed by the author.
- One and the same author has not right to introduce identical or similar photos into different sections of the Salon;
- An entry may be rejected when the members of the jury, in its reasonable discretion, believe the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions;
- No information about the entrant or country will be given to the selectors.
- Through your participation to this Salon we assume that you totally approve of all the stipulated requirements.
- The digital image must be a maximum of 1920 pixels on the long size, or 1080 pixels on the short size (including any borders) with a resolution of 300 dpi, maximum 3 MB, either color or monochrome. The files shold be saved in JPEG format using sRGB color space.
- Permission is assumed to reproduce any image (at low resolution) in an internet exhibition and in the salon catalogue.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work is original and his own and permits the organisers to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
- With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection
- that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP;
- that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking;
- that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules.
- It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
Each image must have a code consisting of ISO Code of the country of origin, bar, photo title. ISO Code is mentioned also on:
- ro = ISO country code for Romania;
- Sunset = the title of the work;
- Participation fee is mandatory for all participants of the exhibition and is 20 € (25 $) for all three sections. The works of authors who do not pay the participation fee will not be taken into consideration. The fee can be sent using PayPal to: email@example.com.
- An entrant’s four images will be presented to the judges consecutively. The works will be evaluated by the qualified jury consisting of:
- Mr. Klaus Stock EFIAP/s, Hon EFIAP – Switzerland
- Mr. Nic Hanu AFIAP – Romania
- Mr. Cristian Oprea – photographer and illustrator for MMB – Romania
- Alternate: Mr. Lucian Olteanu – director of photography for cinema and television – Romania
|Closing date for application and fee||13.05.2020|
|Announcement of the results||25.05.2020|
REPORT CARD NOTIFICATIONS
- The results of the exhibition will be published on the website www.siaf.ro/en/rezultate-bucuresti/
- A representative selection of the accepted images will be printed to a size of 30 x 45 cm and will be exhibited in Bucharest at Muzeul Municipiului Bucuresti in Sutu Palace.The exhibition will also be presented in the main towns of Romania.
- The DVD-ROM Catalog, showing acceptances and awarded images, will be mailed to each author.
- For any information please contact Mr. Eugen Negrea EFIAP, the Salon Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Tel ++ 40 722 568 926
FIAP MONOCHROME DEFINITIONS
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black & white work toned entirely in a single color will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black & white category; such a work may be reproduced in black & white in the catalogue. On the other hand a black and white work modified by partial toning or by the addition of one color becomes a color work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category.